I recently ported my own engine over to Mac and since it just uses gnu compiler
and gcc or g++, really if your code compiles on a Linux distro it will work
fine on the Mac. Not sure if valve use Xcode IDE or make files... Hope they use
Xcode since it's very simple.

On another note, if anyone is interested in making a hammer clone for Mac /
Linux I would be interested in helping out.

~Ryan