I don't know what env_slomo does or is, but the way that Double Action:
Boogaloo does slow motion is by giving each player a local slowmo state.
It transfers to other players in their PVS, transitively.

Works well in multiplayer without necessarily affecting everyone each
time someone goes into slow motion.

I haven't tried demos yet, but the game is free to play so you can
download it (on Steam) to see if you can replicate your issue there.

slow motion is on the "C" key. use the "reflexes" skill/perk in order to
get 1s of slow motion right from the start.