Ah, I thought I had replied to this when I made the fix, but apparently I
forgot.

https://gist.github.com/BenLubar/e4396da5cfa6597f4605433ba74642a1

Here's the commit message I used when I added this to Reactive Drop:

GameTimescale is used by env_slomo, asw_weapon_stim, and the marine
deathcam to slow down time. The problem is that this also scales demo
playback in the engine. This is a hack to work around the issue by setting
demo_timescale to the reciprocal of GameTimescale and then scaling
gpGlobals->curtime and gpGlobals->frametime appropriately so that all the
timescales line up where we want them.