I tried this a long time ago when it was first released (and just tried it
again) and although a server will run, a client can't join because it uses
different class tables from the server.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ook"
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 08, 2006 10:34 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds] HL Source DM server out yet

Have you done this? Does it actually work? How stable is it? Running a
listenserver seems to be buggy as hell, and crashes regularly. I have got
mine to last up to 6 hours or so without crashing, but so far that is my
limit.

I will try this when I get home Friday (Calculus 4 test thursday, I have
no
life until the test is over lol).