Anyone figured out what 0x01 in EDF stands for?

I just found a GoldSrc server (69.130.74.130:27015) replying with 0x40 0x01
0x46 0x00 (+ 6 * 0x00).
If you parse this as short you get 320 and 70. So the first can't be the app
ID (always), because 320 is HL2:DM - but 70 is HL.
Although it seems most Source servers reply with their app ID (+ 6 * 0x00).

Strange.