Fletcher gave me a heads-up yesterday before announcing it (thanks!).

Here are the values that I found:

Quickplay, use # : "quickplay_#"
Quickplay Beta/MvM Quickplay : "matchmaking"
Server Browser - Internet Tab : "serverbrowser_internet"
Server Browser - Favorites Tab : "serverbrowser_favorites"
Server Browser - History Tab : "serverbrowser_history"
Server Browser - LAN Tab : "serverbrowser_lan"
Server Browser - Friends Tab : "serverbrowser_friends"
Console  : ""
steam://connect URL : "steam"
Join Off of Friend : "steam"
Redirect Prompt : "redirect"

I will be releasing a full-feature analytics plugin in the coming days
which displays detailed information on a number of factors of connecting
players, including connection method.

Dr. McKay
www.doctormckay.com