We're looking into this.

-Eric

-----Original Message-----
From: hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of The Mighty Gerbil
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 10:37 AM
To: hlds@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds] Soundscape Error?

Working on a map I noticed it loading random soundscape files instead of it's
custom one where it had worked perfectly prior to the Halloween update. Loading
stock maps koth_nucleus I get no "VRRR" sound but wind and on koth_king I get
rain and thunder. I got two other people to test on two different servers (one
I run and another run by another person) and created a server on my client, all
had this error. Also IDK why but when I compiled/loaded my map directly from
hammer into TF2 it displayed additional console output not seen on the other
tests confirming it with...

Soundscape: Gorge.Inside
Soundscape: Gorge.Inside
Soundscape: Gorge.Outside
Soundscape: Gorge.Outside
Soundscape: Gorge.Outside
Soundscape: Egypt.Indoor
Soundscape: Egypt.Indoor
Soundscape: Nucleus.Outside
Soundscape: Nucleus.Outside
Soundscape: Nucleus.Outside
Soundscape: viaduct.Inside

I didn't hear the error on the couple of Halloween maps I loaded, nor did I
test more maps, but I assume it is effecting more non-Halloween maps. One of
the other testers did not hear it initially on koth_king while on his client
but once on his server he did. It may have a random factor.

On an unrelated note while fixing my custom hud after the Halloween update I
noticed two entries which seemingly reference the wrong files in the first
line? The files are under tf/Resource/UI/disguise_menu/ and say...

heavy_blue.res "Resource/UI/disguise_menu/heavy_red.res"
medic_blue.res "Resource/UI/disguise_menu/scout_red.res"

...when all the other files refer to their own name. IDK if it matters I just
thought I'd mention it.

Finally does anyone know where the 3D display contents of
tf/Resource/UI/hudplayerclass.res were moved to? I alter the "medic"
field "angles_y" to "210", to better see what medic gun is equipped, but I
cannot find it (I recommend Valve make this official but I digress).
The old files still works but I'd like to update.

Anyway the soundscape problem seems major unless it's isolated to just us few
for some weird reason. Can I get anyone else testing or is this a known issue?
Thanks for any help.