From: hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[mailto:hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Jesse Molina
Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2010 3:49 AM
To: Half-Life dedicated Linux server mailing list
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Bind Client port- Linux

Hi Milton

Your mail below was very informative, but I tested this and observed
some discrepancies.

For the -steamport argument, the port seems to be whatever you specify +1.

For example:

On the command line I had;
        -steamport 26011

What netstat says is actually in use;
        26012

I tried other combinations and it was the same.  Always the port is
incremented by 1.  This causes obvious problems.  Fortunately, even
Valve keeps the default on this one in the 26000 range, rather than the
27000 range, so this isn't too likely to be an issue as long as it won't
trample on itself -- I've not actually tried that yet.

FYI, the game I am using is TF2.  I don't know if other games might use
other ports for this.  The default here seems to be udp 26901.

FYI, this is the last port to appear and won't show up until the server
has fully loaded and the line, "VAC secure mode is activated.", appears.

Finally, loading the info via "+exec server01.cfg, per your
recommendation, did not work at all.  The default ports were used
anyway.  I tried a seperate config file and the main server.cfg file.

For my testing, I started the server manually like so;

sudo -u hldsuser $SRCDSDIR/srcds_run -game tf +map ctf_doublecross -ip
0.0.0.0 +clientport 27099 +hostport 27199 +tv_port 27299 -steamport
26098 -norestart -pidfile $HLDSHOME/server.pid

+clientport +hostport and +tv_port appeared to work as you described.

# Jesse Molina
# Mail = je...@opendreams.net
# Page = page-je...@opendreams.net
# Cell = 1.602.323.7608