Hello all.

This email is about the inaccurate player counts showing up in the server
browser.   There are have been three distinct problems that we know about.

--------------------------
ZERO PLAYER COUNT
--------------------------
First, if your server always shows a ZERO player count, the most likely cause
is that your server is using some old Steam libraries.  This is more likely on
Windows, if you have an old steam client installed that you have not run in a
while.  The engine may be finding DLLs in that installation and using them.
Either delete the old DLL's, or run the steam client to get them up-to-date.
But it could happen on Linux.  If you are confident that you are running with
no other steam libraries on your server, and the player count is still always
zero, then we have a new problem.

--------------------
ZOMBIE SLOTS
--------------------
Second, we are aware of the problem with the "zombie" player slots.  We believe
this happens when a player authenticates, and then when they leave the server,
their authentication record is not deleted.  We had hoped that the July 1st
update would correct these issues, but apparently it has not.

Of course, if somebody actually knows a method for reliably reproducing the
problem, then please post the precise steps, and we'll jump on it immediately!

Otherwise, if you are experiencing this problem, you can help us understand how
to reproduce it so we can fix it.  I could use some very clear logs.
* First, please make sure you are running the July 1st update.  (I think that
update was optional.)
* Attach logs of a server session where the problem occurred.   Please don't
truncate or edit anything.
* Please try to narrow down the time when the zombied slot appeared, as
accurately as possible.
* Please indicate the name(s) or IPs or any other identifying information for
the players that caused the zombied slots, if possible.
* Please tell us your offset from GMT so we can match up your logs with our own
backend logs.
* Ideally, send the log as soon as the you notice the first zombie slot.
* Please post all replies this thread.

------------------------------
SOURCE TV AND REPLAY
------------------------------
Finally, there were some minor fixes to the way bots, replay, and source TV
were reported in the July 1st update.  Previously, in a few situations the
player count would be of-by-one.  If you don't have any zombied players, your
player count *should* always be correct in the server browser.  Neither Source
TV nor replay should count as a "player" in the server browser, either in the
current player count, or the max number of players.  (They may show up as a
player in the detailed player list.)  For example, if you set your max players
to 24, and Source bumps up the player count to 25 to make room the SourceTV,
your server should show as having 24 max players in the server browser.  If
this is not the case and we still have issues, please post a description of the
problem to this thread.

Please help me understand the zombie player problem so I can fix it.

Thanks,
- Fletch