I wouldn't expect problems with.  But I happily admit to being no expert.

Try ethtool -k <interface> and see what's what?

On 25/07/2011 08:42, Saint K. wrote:
The servers are build on Tyan Tempest i5400 motherboards, based on
the Intel 5400B chipset platform, the Gbit nic's used on this board
are Intel 82563EB chips.

I've never really figured the load could be related to the networking
chip as our throughput tests never really show any issues when tested
(with all sorts of packet sizes, tcp/udp)

hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com
[hlds_linux-boun...@list.valvesoftware.com] On Behalf Of Andrew
Armitage [and...@thirdlife.org] Sent: 25 July 2011 09:36 To:
hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] cpu on i7
920

Maybe the issue is the network hardware? HLDS is very network
intensive.

I believe that some cards support checksum offloading and some
don't.