There is no point in all this random speculation until Valve tells us why
the MOTD was crippled even more.

- Is it to stop reloading ads every second in the background?
- Is it a step towards removing all ads?
- Is this a permanent change, or is it just a quick hack that will it be
replaced with a more appropriate solution?

Without knowing the real reason it is pointless to keep arguing about how
quickplay this or ads vs donations that.