Even without an official statement, it's fairly safe to say that this
change was directed toward stopping servers that (a) manipulate the
Quickplay system to send themselves unfair amounts of traffic for ad hits,
and (b) continually reload ads in the background of clients that join.

Dr. McKay
www.doctormckay.com