There are several problems with this. With all the new strict guidelines
that looks like a laundry list of complaints from SPUF, people are
eventually going to whine about the server  expanding beyond 24 slots. Then
if a server is completely full then are admins blocked from managing their
servers just to be on quickplay? Not every situation can be handled by
using the console. And then there is the pay-by-slot issue.

I am thankful that there is an attempt at a compromise but frankly it is
quite underwhelming.

If the default "official servers" box isn't going to be removed, community
servers will still be cut off from the majority of new players, whether
they qualify or not. The new guidelines for quickplay also make it
impossible for server owners to support or stand out.

- "Opening a MOTD window (hidden or visible) that is not requested"
I don't see what the point of this is when the MOTD has been disabled for
quickplay players. Does this mean we can't even show the MOTD to
non-quickplay players when they connect?

- "Giving or selling gameplay advantage to players"
We don't give people bonus HP and damage, but what about things like
autobalance immunity, the ability to swap teams, or even humiliation
immunity? Seriously, I had someone argue those were gameplay advantages.

- "Granting or modifying economy items, or taking actions that devalue
players' items, or interfering with the TF2 economy"
This means that donator or frequent player effects are out even though it
doesn't change the gameplay?

All I see here is that Valve is making it impossible for quickplay servers
to support and distinguish themselves, getting rid of the most commonly
accepted server benefits that have been offered since CS. And the official
server opt-in that is the source of all the recent player loss is still
unchanged.