This is one thing I can't stand about the mailing list.

VALVE FIX THIS IT'S BROKEN WE DON'T LIKE IT

*valve releases fix V1*

VALVE THIS FIX IS BAD IT FIXED THE PROBLEM BUT WE DON'T LIKE IT

*valve releases fix V2*

VALVE WHY DID YOU PUT RESTRICTIONS IN PLACE THAT SOLVE THE ISSUES WE WERE
COMPLAINING ABOUT NOW WE CAN'T DO WHAT WE WANT

Seriously.  You guys expect them to be able to fix the problems without
changing anything else. I for one think these changes are a good idea. I'm
running 3 servers with consistent player counts. I've had no major drops in
traffic since the change. Quickplay didn't do much for me as most of my
traffic comes from my playerbase. Just build up a community and you wont
need to depend on quickplay.  Can't fill 15 servers? Cut back to 10 you can
fill. Don't complain to Valve that there are servers changing the gameplay
in ways you don't like and then when they restrict that complain that now
you can't change the gameplay. You may be changing it to a lesser amount,
but still. How are they supposed to restrict it for the "bad" servers yet
allow the "good" servers to do the same things to a lesser extent?