Sorry I haven't looked at this list in a while (hopefully you already
found the answer!)... Windows uses the steamclient that's installed,
whereas on Linux it uses the steamclient that's shipped with the game
(Windows does too - if Steam is not installed). So if the game has an
old version of steamclient, you'll get stuck with situations like
this. The Ship for instance had the Steam Masters (Mains? in 2020)
hard coded into the binary and were eventually orphaned like this. I
know years ago Qwest was trying to take back their address space from
Valve and Aldred flipped addresses on us which broke a shit ton of
games - if there's a hard coded address against this it's possible you
were impacted when they made a trivial (to them) move.

Were you able to resolve it natively? I might not be able to help, but
CC me so it lands in my inbox and I can try to.

Best,
Kyle.