Yep, disk space is wide open.
Tried opening-up perms on /tmp/dumps to new user or even just "users", did
not help.
In fact, it broke SteamCMD similarly under the user that I normally use.
Deleting with/without manually re-creating /tmp/dumps still had same issues.
Had to reboot to get /tmp cleaned-up and everything working for
normal/existing game server user.

Just weird that I would really like to keep both users 100% isolated from
each other and non-priv. But, I don't see any way to tell SteamCMD to not
use that shared /tmp/dumps folder.

--
------------------------------

+------------------------------+