I figured out the automated check:

/usr/games/steamcmd +force_install_dir "/home/beringer/cs2-ds" +login <steam@login> +app_update 730 +quit

And have it mailed to me:

/usr/games/steamcmd +force_install_dir "/home/beringer/cs2-ds" +login <steam@login> +app_update 730 +quit | mail -s "Counter-Strike 2 update" <your@email>

And put it in cron for a daily check at 6AM and 6PM:

0 6,18 * * * /usr/games/steamcmd +force_install_dir "/home/beringer/cs2-ds" +login <steam@login> +app_update 730 +quit | mail -s "Counter-Strike 2 update" <your@email>

Still have to restart the server after an update, but at least now I get a notification and see if there was an update, so at the moment this works for me :)

Regards,

Marcel