I am trying to do what I can to aid those with spelling difficulties perform
searches on our web pages.
This was triggered by seeing in the htsearch log that attempts to find
"accomodation" were finding some pages, but not the important ones (where it
is spelt correctly)!

Also this University has a commitment to supporting disabled students,
including those with dyslexia.

I would like to ask:

1)    What have other sites done to address this problem?  (Spell checking
and correcting our own
        pages is not possible at present, and may never be.)

2)    Can anybody recommend a _good_ (UK English) spell checker for IRXIX
6.5?
        (The IRIX spell command does not know a lot of important words, such
as "midwifery", and I can't
          figure out how to addend to the dictionary.)
        A spell checker that could suggest words (as do the spell checkers
in word processors, etc.)
        would be wonderful.

--
David Adams