According to Geoff Hutchison:
> At 1:34 PM +0000 1/18/01, David Adams wrote:
> >1)    What have other sites done to address this problem?  (Spell checking
> >and correcting our own
>
> Use good fuzzy methods, including the synonym file. We are working on
> additional fuzzy matching code, but of course if anyone can come up
> with sample code that produces a list of suggestion words from an
> input, we can probably port it.
>
> >2)    Can anybody recommend a _good_ (UK English) spell checker for IRXIX
> >6.5?
>
> Yes. Try ispell with the UK dictionaries.

Back in October, Greg Holmes posted a python wrapper script for htsearch,
which used ispell to suggest alternative spellings.  The thread that
ensued is at http://www.htdig.org/mail/2000/10/index.html#295

The ispell package is GNU software, so it should port to IRIX easily
enough, I'd think, and the dictionaries are very customisable.

--
Gilles R. Detillieux              E-mail: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>