From: Daniel Erdmann <daniel.erdman...@googlemail.com>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Tue, Sep 15, 2009 3:51 pm
Subject: Re: Java Batch und JCL (DSN Disposition)

2009/9/15 Steve Comstock <st...@trainersfriend.com>

> Daniel Erdmann wrote:
>
>> Our development staff is going to develop new programs in Java instead of
>> COBOL.
>>

> Using the same staff of programmers that wrote the COBOL code?

No, most of the Java programmers developed programs for application servers
before, respectively they're still doing.

At all we're currently just testing Java for batch programs, and it's not
the application development who wants to abend, but the operating - and so
the development staff was directed to program in a way as described above,
means 'let the program abend instead of returning RC != 0'.