MUST
> be).

 Current product in question is FDRABR. He has also done Syncsort like
this. Both are needed early in the IPL and if there is a way to avoid
link/lpa listing them, I don't know it.
 In many cases, I do prefer ISV in the system search concatentation, I
don't like messing with large scale JCL search and change projects.

  If a product is not widely used, I prefer using a PROC to avoid
widespread dataset references.

> I would rather have people steplib to a dataset that contains the
> current version. Yes it may be extra work on the security side but if
> you have good conventions for names it does work well.
>
> The main reason is that I have run into vendors that use the same
> module name and it causes too much loss time trying to figure out what
> is going on. Nowdays it isn't too much of an issue but I have seen it
> occur. It would be great if vendors would agree on prefix's for module
> name but there is little chance of their even willing to agree to
> anything

Today, none of my ISV or IBM overlap module names (except MIGLIB and
some LPALIB and LINKLIB/LINKLIBE)