On 27 Jul 2010 00:03:45 -0700, maarten.slegtenho...@mail.ing.nl
(Maarten Slegtenhorst) wrote:

>On the matter of screws:
>I own a 91 Jeep Wrangler with a lot of torx screws and in time the torx-hole
>becomes a round hole.
>Allan-screws are a bit better but still have the same problem.
>
>I personally prefer hex-bolts.
>Just too bad that Chrysler used both metric and inch sizes on my Jeep.

Hex bolts only work when we want to end up with a head sticking out.
Torx, Allen, & Robertson (and Phillips & flathead) can be flush.

But when they are appropriate, they work the best.    I'm quite happy
with Allen for most everything else though.   The round-hole bit can
become a problem if people are sloppy.    One nice thing is that a set
of Allen wrenches can be all in one tool, so we have all the sizes
without going back to the tool box - or without using the wrong size,
creating that round-hole problem.

Using an electric drill people can prefer Phillips - but a stripped
Phillips is worthless.