On Sat, 29 Jan 2011 14:04:21 -0600, Ray Overby wrote:

>                          ..., if any integrity exposures were found,
>they would have reported the vulnerabilities to IBM z/OS Development and
>Development would have fixed them.That would just be the normal course
>of business within IBM.

However, sometimes IBM simply notifies customers that an IBM
product poses an integrity threat and should be used only by
highly trusted personnel, and does not provide information
concerning what actions those trusted users should avoid.

<advertixing snipped>.

>On 1/29/2011 09:12 AM, Elardus Engelbrecht wrote:
>>
>> 1. There are NO vendors for z/OS antivirus software. Give me one example and
>> I'm ready to talk with my management. Otherwise we talk about RACF, APF,
>> etc. as discussed already in this thread.

Fantasia:  An entrepreneur attempts to start a business marketing a
virus detection/removal product.  The business rapidly fails as
purchasers return the product perceiving it's defective because it
reports removing no viruses.

>> 2. There are Linux and Unix antivirus software, but z/OS itself are immune
>> against the threats.

Sort of.  The popular ClamAV mostly filters outgoing emails for Windows
viruses as an act of social responsibility.  And maybe to satisfy
auditors.

-- gil