Clark Morris wrote:

>If there is a virus, Trojan etc. that affects web servers such as Eclipse,
>then
that server on zOS may be vulnerable.

This is where the scope should be. You should have something to check the
z/OS, something else to check op z/Linux, something else to check all those
things which run Java, SQL, source codes, etc. Of course, there is RACF, APF,
comparing libraries, Health Checker, etc.

Determine what the auditors really want (after education of course) and work
on that.

Ray Overby wrote:

>There is a difference between a Virus and a System Integrity
Exposure.  [ ... rest snipped ... ]

Agreed. And thanks for your interesting comments about IBM and VAT
product.

I'm well aware of how IBM is working with security exposures. More or less
they are working like this: They accept a APAR, keep it secret while working
on it and dropping everything else. Then they distribute a fix with these words
more or less: 'Apply this NOW and no, we are NOT going to tell you what is it
supposed to do.'

I think we must let the OP says what he wants: A/V scanner or something like
VAT product. And on WHAT should that software focus?

Paul Gilmartin wrote:
>Fantasia:  An entrepreneur attempts to start a business marketing a virus
detection/removal product.  The business rapidly fails as purchasers return the
product perceiving it's defective because it reports removing no viruses.

Oh no! You just flamed a budding enterpreneur's dream... ;-D

Groete / Greetings
Elardus Engelbrecht