On Mon, 1 Aug 2011 13:50:09 +1000, Clement Clarke wrote:

>If a data set has VB 133, 1330 and the program has FB 80,800 and opens
>it for either input or output, the DSCB will be changed to that coded in
>the program.

Not quite.  If the data set is opened for input, the program will attempt to
read
the data set.  If a block > 800 bytes is read, there will be a wrong length
record
error.  Other errors might depend upon the access method used.  The DSCB
will not be changed, though.

If the data set is opened for output, I don't know what happens if DISP=MOD.
Is there an I/O error when the new data is written? If not there will surely be
an
error when the deat set is read with as either FB or VB.

--
Tom Marchant