-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu] On Behalf Of
CM Poncelet
Sent: Wednesday, August 03, 2011 7:39 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: CORRUPT PDS - I/O ERROR

>...  I translate my thoughts into words and for this I use whatever
suitable word - not necessarily the most appropriate one - first comes
to mind.

Is this how glossolalia begins?

Sometimes, when giving a public technical presentation, I have found myself
stumped for the most precise word.  Rather than utter whatever comes to mind, I
stop speaking, think for several seconds while saying nothing into the
microphone (such as "you know", "uh", "like"), and then speak the appropriate
word.  It is also permissible to write in this same fashion.  IBM-MAIN is, and
my technical audiences have been, populated with many perfectionists with a
half century of experience in the behavior of z/OS software and its predecessor
operating systems.  As I have found out from some of my earliest posts on this
list server, I am best served by taking extra time to compose my thoughts and
choose my words carefully.

Bill Fairchild