In <4e3a4e7e.5090...@bcs.org.uk>, on 08/04/2011
   at 08:47 AM, CM Poncelet <ponce...@bcs.org.uk> said:

>I proved that, if "On input, the order of override priority is
>program  DCB -> JCL DCB -> dataset attributes", then the consequence
>is an I/O error

Not only did you not prove that, but others gave examples of such
overrides having practical value.

>the hypothesis that the priority order both on
>output and on input is the same

Not an hypothesis - an observed fact.

>because there is no I/O error on output,

False.

>It is not 'my' prejudice, but what one of the greatest MVS sysprogs
>I've  ever known (he too had 30+ years experience, then) taught me
>when I  started as a sysprog on IBM mainframes in '85

I wonder why I don't believe you?

>The documentation does not necessarily match the facts

The code does.

>and the I/O error is a fact..

An irrelevant fact, and not what you seem to believe at that. An
inappropriate override can cause an I/O error for *both* input and
output, and an appropriate override will not cause an I/O error for
either.