From: Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <shmuel+ibm-m...@patriot.net>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: CAMLST LOCATE and SCRATCH

In <1313020232.153.yahoomail...@web65509.mail.ac4.yahoo.com>, on
08/10/2011
   at 04:50 PM, Scott Ford <scott_j_f...@yahoo.com> said:

>My question is this...after a LOCATE finds the dataset ..Is it
>correct that the dataset name has to be moved into the DSNSCR
>variable name

Normal practice would be to use a single dsname field. If you use
multiple fields then you can initialize all of them at the same time;
you don't need to wait until the LOCATE. You didn't provide the codee
for FOUNDIT, so I have no idea whether you are initializng the volume
list for SCRATCH, but even if you aren't that shouldn't cause an 0C1.
Which macro were you executing at the time of failure? If SCRATCH,
what was in R0?

Did you leave out an IEC message? The register contents are consistent
with trying to do I/O with a closed DCB. Look at the storage pointed
to by R1.