Thanks much appreciated because I dont know SMS that well

Scott J Ford
Software Engineer
http://www.identityforge.com

From: DanD <mvs-j...@sympatico.ca>
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 2:56 PM
Subject: Re: CAMLST LOCATE and SCRATCH

Scott,

To handle SMS you need to SCRATCH first then UNCAT (can't have uncataloged SMS
data sets).
Or you can invoke IDCAMS to do the DELETE and do it all at once.

Dan

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Ford
Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2011 7:41 AM Newsgroups: bit.listserv.ibm-main

Gerhard,
Absolutely right, found the S0C1 but had two other issues ..

1. Must issue a CAMLST uncatalog request for dataset name first
2. Camlst scratch needs the correct parameter list

After doing 1 and 2 it worked like a champ.
Thanks for the help and I have to think about SMS ...

And thx to everyone else
Regards,
Scott J Ford
Software Engineer