On 8/11/2011 5:04 PM, Rick Fochtman wrote:
I respectfully submit that the use of SVC 32 is archaic and
cumbersome and should be discouraged in favor of DYNALLOC (SVC
99) whenever possible.

I have a 33.3 RPM turntable, cassette tape recorder, VHS recorder, and I have been known to use a manual screwdriver. I even look at maps when I need to drive somewhere. When something works, age should be a secondary consideration to capability. SVC 32 allows some things to be done that are difficult or messy with SVC 99. If you railed against DAIR I might have a little more understanding.

How many of our list participants are sufficiently skillful to
construct a partial DSCB correctly?

Most of the dinosaurs, who had to run OS/360 despite IBM's help. <g> Completing a DSCB is no more difficult than setting up a JFCB.

Gerhard Postpischil
Bradford, VT