---------------------------------------<snip>-------------------------------------
I've done it, but I haven't had any reason to in the last couple decades, nor do I expect to.
Nor have I. My use of DAIR also ended when DYNALLOC showed up and I've scrupulously avoided it every bit as much as I've avoided SVC 32 usage.

I once had to write a stand-alone program that would simulate OS/360 DASD allocation; I used the I/O routines lifted from CLIP/360 (Stand-alone) and was able to IPL a OS/360 system weekly to check results. Took 12 weeks to learn all the wrinkles, including how to maintain the FORMAT-5 DSCB chain, but it was a great learning experience. Did it for NCSS and I'd sure like to get the programs I used and/or modified for their CP67/CMS system. Much learning there, most of which is now forgotten.

Rick