---------------------------------------<snip>-----------------------------------

I don't have any DB2 specific advice regarding user catalogs, but when you ask about each member having its own catalog, if you mean "member" in the sense of DB2 data sharing, that really won't work, since DB2 treats the whole group as a logical entity. Now if you are referring to individual subsystems, I would recommend that you have at least one user catalog per DB2 subsystem or DSG, or at a minimum that you don't define the aliases for development and production in the same user catalog.
I partly agree with Wayne. DB2 tables should have their own UCAT, separate from all other processing. I must caution against a profusion of UCATs; it can lead to all sorts of recriminations when doing "business continuity" testing (Disaster recovery.) I've always advocated 4 UCATs; testing, production, pre-production testing and DB2.

Rick