We have an application like this, that is multiple record types in the
same KSDS.  We found that if we had a FD for the type '4' records and a FD
for the type '5' records (that is two DDs pointing to the same file), that
each kept a separate sequence set in storage and it ran faster.  You might
try it.

Chip Grantham  |  Ameritas  |  Sr. IT Consultant | cgrant...@ameritas.com
5900 O Street, Lincoln NE 68510 | p: 402-467-7382 | c: 402-429-3579 | f:
402-325-4030

*******
This message may contain confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee(s) named above and may contain
information that is legally privileged. If you are not the
addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the
addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating,
distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify
us by replying to the message and delete the original message
immediately thereafter.  Thank you.
*******