Since we are recalling the past, IIRC there was some CPU designed and
manufactured to natively execute p-code. It didn't really make a very
good showing in the market.

To be totally off topic: I really liked what I read about the Intel iAPX
432. Built from the ground up to be object oriented only.

http://www.sasktelwebsite.net/jbayko/cpu7.html

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.