On Jan 18, 2007, at 12:26 AM, Timothy Sipples wrote:

FWIW, I think IBM still includes lots of TPF source code with that
operating system. And mainframe Linux is 100% open source. Most X86-based
Linux distributions include closed source device drivers.

SIgh... and we won't talk about the current Z/os would you where IBM continuously shrinks the source it sends out. JES2 is almost down to bare bones, despite IBM promises to the contrary when IBM went (mostly) OCO 10 or so years ago.

Ed