Herbie,

Good Guess, but IBM, EMC and HDS send faulty drives back to Seagate and
Hitachi for analysis for their modular products as well. There is no
difference between drives used in Enterprise and Modular arrays. IT's not a
hidden service, it's simply the warranty that the Disk manufacturer provides
(it's been half a decade since IBM made a disk drive).

Ron