From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ron Hawkins
Sent: 18 Januarie 2008 03:05 nm
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Flash memory arrays

Herbie,

Good Guess, but IBM, EMC and HDS send faulty drives back to Seagate and
Hitachi for analysis for their modular products as well. There is no
difference between drives used in Enterprise and Modular arrays. IT's
not a
hidden service, it's simply the warranty that the Disk manufacturer
provides
(it's been half a decade since IBM made a disk drive).

Ron

Elavon Financial Services Limited
Registered in Ireland: Number 418442
Registered Office: Block E, 1st Floor, Cherrywood Business Park, Loughlinstown,
Co. Dublin, Ireland
Directors: Robert Abele (USA), John Collins,  Terrance Dolan (USA),  Pamela
Joseph (USA), Declan Lynch, John McNally, Malcolm Towlson
Elavon Financial Services Limited, trading as Elavon, is regulated by the
Financial Regulator