----------------------<snip>--------------------

Around mid-1999 EMC signed a multi-$billion contract to buy a HUGE number of little disks from IBM over a period of several years. So IBM was making disks then. And I think that contract expired about half a decade ago.
I can't help but wonder: when a purchased storage array device is decommissioned, are all those little drives of any use for PC replacements? What sorts of interfaces do those drives require? (E)IDE or SCSI of SCSI-2 ??

(I might be able to pick up an old 2105-F20 for the cost of a rental truck. It's currently at 1.2 TB)