>From ServiceLink User's Guide Document Number SH52-0300-10 September
1996, as found in VM IBMLink:

Appendix B.1 APAR Closing Codes

The APAR closing codes are:

ADM     A partially closed APAR; can still be added to AST list; contains
        administrative information only right now; technical information
        will be added later
CAN     Canceled by person who submitted APAR
DOC     Documentation error
DUA     Duplicate of a resolved APAR closed for more than ten days
DUB     Duplicate of a resolved APAR closed for ten days or less
DUU     Duplicate of an unresolved APAR
FIN     Fixed in next release
MCH     Machine or microcode error
PER     Programming error
PRS     Permanent restriction
REQ     Requirement for Development's consideration
RET     Returned for additional information
STD     Open Systems Standards deficiency
SUG     Suggestion for product enhancement
UR1     Programming error in the reported release; the problem has been
        corrected in a release not yet available from distribution
UR2     Same as UR1 but written against an unsupported release
UR3     Programming error in the reported release; does not exist in the
        current release available from distribution
UR4     Same as UR3 but written against an unsupported release
UR5     Unable to reproduce on the reported release
USE     User error

Sounds like "UR1" means something to the effect that the problem has actually
been fixed in an announced but not yet GA release.  In presentations more
recent than the above document, I've heard IBM refer to FIN as "Fixed IF
Next" so that the FIN code is not interpreted as being a commitment to deliver
a product prior to such product's actually being announced.

I would further say that if you believe the problem should be fixed in the
current release, you should still ask for that.  If you believe IBM is correct
that
an upcoming release is adequate, then accept IBM's offer for the UR1 closing
code.

Brian