On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 14:24:08 -0400, Robert Wright wrote:

>  OA25428, for example, let current IPCS developers know that a
>developer 14 years ago made a data entry field on one panel two
>characters too narrow to accept the widest item that can properly be
>entered there.  Hopefully, a lot of these irritants can go away as a
>consequence of similar FIN APARs.

OTOH, over time I reported two errors in SMP/E very similar to
the above: one where it got an error on a widest possible item,
and later another where it got an error on the narrowest possible
item (in the same field).  Both were fixed in the service stream.
And another that I called a SEV4 on SMP/E's issuing an unclear
error message.  They produced a PTF within 3 weeks that removed
the error entirely.  SMP/E development has pride in craftsmanship.
I hope JCL development is paying attention.

-- gil