TIME=1440 turns off the timing  -- This depends on whether there is an exit
controlling the use of 1440

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU] On Behalf
Of Hayim Sokolsky
Sent: Thursday, May 9, 2024 10:36 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@LISTSERV.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: JOB card format

In truth, TIME= is “wall time” and not CPU time. How many real-world minutes is
your job allowed to run before it gets cancelled if it runs over.

As there are 1,440 minutes in a 24 hour day, TIME=1440 turns off the timing.

Hayim

Hayim Sokolsky (he/him/his)
Director, Software Engineering
Rocket Software, USA
E: hsokol...@rocketsoftware.com<mailto:hsokol...@rocketsoftware.com>
W:RocketSoftware.com<https://www.rocketsoftware.com/>

The views I have expressed in this email are my own personal views, and are not
endorsed or supported by, and do not necessarily express or reflect, the views,
positions or strategies of my employer.