    Yashpal> Hi ILUGD, I have Proliant ML 570 Xenon 2.2 GHz, 4 CPU
    Yashpal> server. It has got 38 GBs 8 Nos SCSI hard disks. What we
    Yashpal> want this server to be Oracle 8i as the database server
    Yashpal> with Linux as the Operating system.  I have some queries
    Yashpal> relating to this-

    Yashpal> Is feodra core 2 a worth to tried out as Database server
    Yashpal> or Redhat 9.0 or 8.0 is still better?

Use Debian on servers.  It's arguably still the most stable and secure
server distribution.

    Yashpal> Our application needs a lot of Database I/Os , So
    Yashpal> basically we are DB performance hungry what kind of RAID
    Yashpal> system we should implement, RAID 5 ?

Do NOT use software RAID at any level above 1 on a production server.
Get a hardware RAID5 card, or use RAID1 with LVM or RAID1+0.

Regards,

-- Raju

--
Raj Mathur                [EMAIL PROTECTED]      http://kandalaya.org/