Hi ILUGD,

Finally i  manged to install Linux on Xenon 4CPU, server.
Problem was that the HP 6402 array  controller was't connected to bay of
hard disks through SCSI cable, HP provides such installations :) instead
the cable were directly connected to Main board. Made the RAID system
from CDs provided by HP smart start 7.0

As far as RAID system is concerned we choose the following

RAID 1 :- Array1 for OS & Application installation as Sanjeev suggested.
RAID 5 :- Array2 For Oracle data, with 128 KB striping size. Is it ok?
One hard disk :- for Global hot spare (recommended by HP to take charge
in case of any hard disk failure in any array 1 or array2.)

I am seeing the drives as /dev/cciss/c0d0 & /dev/cciss/c0d1 fine.

Since RHEL is not there at the moment i installed Redhat 8.0.
installation done in 15 mins :) (with kde,gnome,development
toolkits,editors,servers etc etc). A fastest linux installation ever in
my life!

Now i have mounted the RAID 5 on /opt filesystem.
My further question is should i install orcale in RAID1 & data dir on
RAID5 filesystem. Is it ok?
Or i should install Oracle & database dirs both on RAID 5 filesystem?

Regards,
Yash