Dear Shantanu  Goel,
Thank you and I respect your debating
skills.

This is debate happening. You all are
experts can guide your fellow Linux users.
Praveen,is teaching the open FOSS
community that any body can club all individual GPL software into one
Mega software collection under one umbrella using anaconda or Yum
which is also GPL and make non-free commercial software=RHEL . Still
simple club all GPL = non free commercial .Please educate me .Is it
for this day Foss was born .Community make GPL Software and
commercial entities take benefit with simple trick .This debate shall
continue until, we have clear idea how to defeat GPL violators.
But my view is we need to defend
GPL.. Redhat cannot ask any body as per GPL to remove the RH name and
logo from RHEL If it believes in GPL. then only it has right to to
modification and combine all GPL software's as RHEL..Individual GPL
software or Modified and clubbed software's like RHEL remains GPL
always .RHEL is  GPL individually or collectively . Roping in
under on umbrella using anaconda or YUM does not change the GPL
character. Fedora is a Linux based
operating system that provides users with access to the latest free
and open source software, in a stable,
secure
and easy to manage form. AS  fedora is UOP of RHEL like fedora RHEL
also  is a Linux based operating
system that provides users with access to the latest free
and open source software, in a stable,
secure
and easy to manage form. Therefore RHEL is also redistributable as
that of Fedora. Please refer
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/free-sw.html(We maintain this free
software definition to show clearly what must be true about a
particular software program for it to be considered free software.
Free software is a matter of liberty, not price. To understand the
concept, you should think of free as in free speech, not as in free
beer. Free software is a matter of the users' freedom to run, copy,
distribute, study, change and improve the software. More precisely,
it refers to four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:
The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0). The
freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your needs
(freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.The
freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor (freedom
2). The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3).
Access to the source code is a precondition for this. A program is
free software if users have all of these freedoms. Thus, you should
be free to redistribute copies, either with or without modifications,
either gratis or charging a fee for distribution, to anyone
anywhere. Being free to do these things means (among other
things) that you do not have to ask or pay for permission.

As per
it is not necessary to seek permission from Redhat to redistribute
RHEL as per GPL..

Briefly explained, the GPL
allows you to copy software, the GPL allows you to distribute (sell
or give away) that software, and the GPL grants you the right to read
and change the source code. But the person receiving or buying the
software from you has the same rights. And also, should you decide to
distribute modified versions of GPL software, then you are obligated
to put the same license on the modifications (and provide the source
code of your modifications)there fore redhat cannot replace GPL and
puts its own EULA.. You can actually call the GPL a viral license
because it spreads like a virus. Herein you means it may be
individual or company or organization).ALL Linux experts can guide me if they
can.
M.S.Yatnatti

KPN UNLIMITED Corporate Office:No.18/6, Executive chambers, Cunningham Road,
Bangalore – 560052. WEBSITE WWW.KPNUNLIMITED.ORG

On Fri, Oct 3, 2008 at 11:18 PM, M.S.Yatnatti CEO KPN UNLIMITD
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Dear Praveen,

Dear Sir,

> Thank you for participating in the debate.Are you educating the open
> FOSS community that any body can club all individual GPL software into
> one Mega software collection under one umbrella using anaconda or Yum
> which is also GPL and make non-free commercial software=RHEL .  Still
> simple club all GPL = non free commercial .Please educate me .Is it for
this day Foss was born .Community make GPL Software and commercial entities take
benefit with simple trick .This
> debate shall continue until, we have clear idea how to defeat GPL
> violators.

Please tell me, where does CentOS come from?