Hello,

I installed OpenSolaris 2008.11 on a Sun v40z machine.
Unfortunately the build I use, although being 101b was not the latest
one, i.e. it was a couple of hours before GA :
Sun Microsystems Inc.   SunOS 5.11      snv_101b        November 2008

I tried to update to GA with image-update

r...@yajug:~# pkg list -u
NAME (AUTHORITY)                              VERSION
STATE      UFIX
entire                                        0.5.11-0.101
installed  u---

r...@yajug:~# pkg image-update
PHASE                                        ACTIONS
Update Phase                                     1/1
PHASE                                          ITEMS
Reading Existing Index                           9/9
Indexing Packages                                1/1
pkg: unable to activate opensolaris-1

r...@yajug:~# beadm activate opensolaris-1
Unable to activate opensolaris-1.
Unknown external error.

How can I further diagnose / solve this ??

I followed the same procedure with the same image on a couple of VMs
and it was always OK

Thanks for your help

---
Sébastien Stormacq