Den tor. 20. aug. 2020 kl. 01.07 skrev Stanislav Malyshev <smalys...@gmail.com>:
> Please feel welcome to. However, I don't think this should have any
> official role in any PHP governance process, any more than any other
> poll on the internet might. That said, my opinion is hearing other
> opinions is rarely harmful and frequently useful, so why not.

I very much agree with Stas here. I think it should be up to the
individual RFC author to put out feelers for feedback from userland,
because going to internals is the final judgement.

Regarding the link to the thread in the initial email, while it is not
impossible to get voting rights. There is a very high barrier of
entry, if you are not involved with the PHP project, then being
granted voting rights is absurd and can easily flood the usual Core
Developer voting turnout, we had a similar debate about this in the
spring of 2019 in regards to the PHP FIG which was heavily disputed.

Anyone who is not actively involved with the PHP project, is not
someone I can feel safe with granting the right to vote. Should I also
gain the right at any PHP based project to vote on whatever democratic
process they have because I am a maintainer of PHP? No I shouldn't. If
I'm involved with a project in question, then that changes the
perspective but it is still up to the project to decide on how to
proceed here.

--
regards,

Kalle Sommer Nielsen