hello,

On Sun, Dec 31, 2023, 6:59 PM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:

Then one of us is missing something very fundamental. As I understand it,
> Swoole's model is similar to that popularised by node.js: a single thread
> processes multiple incoming requests concurrently, using asynchronous I/O.

The nodejs curse yes, where async and co may actually slow down your whole
node.

 DB result
> 09 Request A formats and returns response
> 10 Request A complete
> 11 Request B resumed
> 12 Request B fornats and returns response

php handles this in threadsafe mode, like modphp f.e. It is why frankenphp
requires a TS build of php. Requests are handled by a thread pool, not in
single thread event loop which may block all requests.

best,
Pierre