On Mon, Jan 1, 2024, 6:18 PM Rowan Tommins <rowan.coll...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 31 December 2023 16:31:31 GMT, Pierre Joye <pierre....@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> >php handles this in threadsafe mode
>
> Depending on your exact definition of "php", this is either irrelevant or
> just plain wrong.
>
> If you mean "the HTTP SAPIs shipped with official builds of PHP", then
> it's true, none handle multiple concurrent requests in a single thread
> using async I/O. But none handle multiple consecutive requests in a single
> thread using a "worker mode" either, which is the whole point of this
> conversation.

Unless I misunderstand the current proposal, it is about providing a core
interface to allow one to create its own SAPI similar to FrankenPHP, which
does not handle request in a singe thread but a thread pool handled by go's
coroutine.

I can imagine other developers implement it using other mechanisms (rust or
c++ f.e.) but the main interface from a php internal pov remains.

It is a first step and based on the usages/feedback, the next steps could
be the second part of your comment. Or?

best,
Pierre