On Wednesday, 17 January 2024 at 20:22, Niels Dossche <dossche.ni...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi internals
>
> I'm starting discussion of my RFC "Opt-in DOM spec-compliance".
>
> RFC link: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/opt_in_dom_spec_compliance
> Pre-RFC pitch: https://externals.io/message/122048
>
> Kind regards
> Niels

Hello Niels,

Thank you for the RFC and the thorough overview of the current state.

I think converting the new aliases to proper classes which have the correct
spec behaviour is indeed the way to proceed.

I do have some questions however, do you really think we need the DOMDocument
methods to import modern nodes into legacy documents?
As I can imagine, this would provide fewer incentives for users to move to the
new spec compliant classes.
The other thing to clarify is why and when would those return false, compared
to the methods that import legacy nodes which never throw?

Best regards,

Gina P. Banyard