Hi internals

On 17/01/2024 21:22, Niels Dossche wrote:
> Hi internals
>
> I'm starting discussion of my RFC "Opt-in DOM spec-compliance".
>
> RFC link: https://wiki.php.net/rfc/opt_in_dom_spec_compliance
> Pre-RFC pitch: https://externals.io/message/122048
>
> Kind regards
> Niels

I'm currently quite busy implementing the last part of the proposal: fixing the
type issues.
I'm just letting you know that, based on the current development, I decided to
drop the adopt{Legacy,Modern}Node methods from the proposal.
The import{Legacy,Modern}Node methods will remain however.

The reason for the drop is that the adopt method could create two different
representations (i.e. DOM\Node and DOMNode) of the same internal object,
causing potential issues as the new DOM and old DOM make different assumptions.
Importing does not suffer from this because unlike adopting, no copy is made.

Cheers
Niels